We currently live in a country that has a great number of untapped resources. We often hear about different programs that can contribute to making our lives a bit easier but don’t always seek out these tools and use them to our benefit. Whether you are struggling financially, looking for a job, in need of a student loan, looking to apply for benefits or are in any situation where you could use some support - there are a number of existing government resources that serve to help individuals achieve their goals. Not always financial, these resources come in many different forms and in a time of need, it doesn’t hurt to explore your options.
How To Properly Manage Your Finances
We’ll start with this one because this is something all individuals can afford to benefit from. Unfortunately, how to properly manage your finances is not something that is taught to us in school. It’s time to unveil the clouded mystery and educate ourselves in all things Money. If you’re having a hard times making ends meet or are looking to boost your knowledge about specific financial topics, check this out:
- Offering some seriously helpful tools, the CFPB website provides essential information on everything from auto loans to mortgages and includes guidance on debt collections, planning for retirement, student loans and much more. This well-rounded site really has something for everyone. You got questions and they’ve got answers.
Government and private grants are non-repayable funds disbursed or gifted by one party to another. Free money grants exist for a variety of different purposes, including assistance with tuition, paying bills, housing, home improvements, small businesses and lots more. Billions of dollars in grants are awarded every year and can make a big difference in your future.
- Your go-to resource for grants, this website will help you learn what programs are available to you and how to apply. A centralized location for grant seekers to find and apply for federal funding opportunities.
Education (Financial Aid, Student Loans, Scholarships, Grants)
Deciding on higher education is a big decision. Often a number of factors are considered, the biggest may be how one will finance their degree. Luckily, aside from grants, there are several other ways to receive assistance to pay for college. Scholarships, student loans, and work-study, are just a few alternative avenues to explore.
- This is where you’ll find it all when it comes to Federal Student Aid. This website is responsible for managing student financial assistance programs that provide grants, loans and work-study funds to students attending college or career school.
- With a mission to promote student achievement this website provides information on financial aid, grants and answers questions on repaying loans, loan forgiveness, and loan servicers. With a ton of informative content, you are sure to find what you need here.
Healthcare can be a tough topic to navigate but we must take charge of our health. Finding the right coverage to fit your lifestyle and needs is crucial. Get all the information you need on how to help yourself and your loved ones stay healthy with the below resource.
- When making decisions regarding your health it’s imperative you have access to reliable information. This is one of the best places to find government related health and human services information from 1,400 organizations.
After defending our safety and freedom, our Nation’s heroes deserve to be supported. There are a number of organizations working to make veterans’ lives better and are making a big difference in our country’s efforts to provide for veterans. Check out the listed resources to learn more.
- All veterans or family members of veterans should be familiar with this site. Access information about prescription refills, veterans affairs forms, health care benefits, education resources, and much more.
Social security provides financial protection for our nation’s people. It is one of the most successful anti-poverty programs which provides retirement, disability, and survivors benefits. Supporting you through life’s journey, social security helps secure your finances.
- The Social Security website will help you with applying for benefits, replacing your Medicare card, retirement planning, disability and various other topics.
The government organization helping people before, during and after disasters, FEMA is there to help those who need it most.
- Learn how to apply for federal or state emergency assistance when you visit the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Also, a great resource for the latest emergency headlines and disaster preparation.